Thursday, July 7, 2011

Letting go the Cypresses of my heart



First I will forget your scent

reminiscent of wild olive spiced with musk

Then slowly I will begin to forget

your gentle and odd ways.

Letting go the cypresses of my heart

I would have surrendered all

but your eyes reflecting

unfathomable sorrows

Will I forget those?

I do not want to leave my soul

crumpled between sheets.

For me it will suffice to know

that you exist upon the earth.

Since what does your truth

and mine share

but a random point in time?

The gentle river of my dream will soar

you cannot contain its song

nor its chanted echo still.

And I will smile despite it all

Amongst the sand dunes and figs.

                                                                                                                                    Antonia Baranov

No comments:

Post a Comment